All of you out there who are into shooting games on smartphones should definitely have a new reason to be happy! The PUBG Corp. has brought a brand new update for PUBG Mobile: the 1.8 update, and there is plenty of exciting new stuff up for grabs! There’s even a classic mode map named Aftermath.
Two days ago, on January 12, the 1.8 update of PUBG Mobile started to roll out. Some of the fans were surprised, as they were expecting the update a little later. But what a pleasant surprise!
Spider-Man is coming to PUBG Mobile!
The well-known Spider-Man character also has something to say in PUBG Mobile now, as he’s been added along with the new update.
Here’s what Krafton has to say, the game’s publisher, as quoted by Express.co.uk:
PUBG MOBILE will be pushing out updates starting from January 12, 11:00 (UTC +0). The server will not be taken offline for this update. Please ensure that you update the game in a suitable network environment and have enough space on your phone.
See Spider-Man Swing Into The Zone in NYC on January 12! Stay tuned for the big update on January 14.
Let’s now dive right into some of the most important patch notes, according to the same source mentioned above:
Lobby screen improvements:
- The subscription location was moved to Purchases.
- The locations of monetized events and activity events were improved.
- More layout improvements were made in the bottom-right corner.
- The Cheer Park location was moved to Mode Selection.
- The Brother in Arms location was moved to the Team-up Lobby.
- There’s the Hit MArker feature which allows a marker to automatically generate when a player hits an enemy
- There’s a map marker feature that you can use during the jump phase.
- The auto-jump feature has been added
- There’s a new functionality that allows a player to continue his swimming even if he’s in a near-death state.