How can you make your day of cleaning the house a lot more enjoyable? Listening to music by using your AirPods, of course! But perhaps any user has been through that tough situation when the AirPods Case is not charging anymore, so we’re here to help!
Whether your AirPods are not charging at all, not holding a charge, or no light is shown during the charge, you need to know that these problems can be fixed! What could be causing such issues likely has to do with a software issue.
There are multiple methods to fix it
To summarize it, here are the fix methods that you can use to get rid of your problem:
- Update the firmware of the AirPods: you may have missed an update if it’s been a while since you last updated the AirPods. Maybe it was a critical one, so go ahead and grab it!
- Clean the charging port: if some kind of dust or lint gets stuck in the charging port, don’t be surprised if the device doesn’t charge anymore. Go ahead and clean it!
- Reset the AirPods Case.
- Charge the charging case: to charge the AirPods, the charging case also needs to be charged.
- Check the connections: check if the Lightning to USB cable is connected well into the case, as well as the UISB power adapter.
- Try a different cable
Resetting the AirPods Case might be a bit difficult if you haven’t done it before, so here are the right steps:
- Grab your iPhone and open the Settings app.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Hit the icon that appears next to the AirPods that you want to reset.
- Hit the ‘Forget This Device’ option.
- Confirm your choice.
- Put the AirPods back in their case.
- Close the lid, wait about a minute, and open it again.
- Press and hold the Setup button from the rear of the AirPods case.
If neither of the fix methods doesn’t work, you have no other option but to contact Apple’s customer service and tell them about your problem.