Battlefield 2042 is getting a new update, and we’re here for all of it. This is the first post-launch update. It is also the second update after early access became live on all platforms.
This update is a hotfix one, and the new patch notes fix many critical issues, take care of many bugs, and give us balance to the vehicles and weapons of the game.
These are the patch notes
- Bullet spread is now reduced on all weapons, but not on Shotguns. The gameplay is smoother.
- To make sure that the weapon does not overdo it when it is engaged outside of its combat range, developers have increased PP-29 vertical recoil.
- If you get killed close to obstacles, you can now revive.
- You won’t get stuck in a downed state anymore, and you will be able to respawn. There’s also a timer that activates after 30 seconds of being in a downed state.
- For MD540 Nightbird Mounted 20mm Cannons, developers have reduced the radius from the bullets that do damage on impact. They have also decreased the splash damage. The blast radius size is now 2, the Inner Blast Radius damage is now 0.75.
- For KA-520 Super Hokum 30mm Cannon, they have reduced the overall damage and range for the bullets that do full damage. They have also increased the overall bullet spread. The blast radius is now 1.6. The Blast Damage is 14. The bullet damage is 15, and Damage Fall off distance is 180.
- For AH-64GX Apache Warchief and KA-520 Super Hokum 30mm Cannon – they reduced the radios for the bullets that do damage on impact, and they have decreased the splash damage. The Blast Damage is now 18.