Stable OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus Nord CE is available less than a month after the original Open Beta release. If you’ve been waiting anxiously for the Android 12 upgrade, you can now let out a sigh of relief; the device’s development cycle has been lengthy and we’re getting close to the official introduction of Android 13.
User reports on the OnePlus Community forums indicate that software version C.04, the first stable OxygenOS 12 upgrade for the OnePlus Nord CE, has begun going out to select customers in India. The over-the-air update weighs in at close to 4GB and brings Android’s security up to date as of July 2022.
- Icons for the desktop have been reworked to be more responsive and look better thanks to a lighting and layering system inspired by cutting-edge materials.
- Updated AI System Booster to version 2.1 for improved stability under heavy loads.
Work Life Balance
- The brand-new Work-Life-Balance options make it simple to toggle between work and personal life.
- Newly-supported automated switching between Work and Life modes depending on specified locations, Wi-Fi network, and time; moreover delivering personalized App notification profiles in accordance with the customization
- A new two-finger pinch motion allows users to quickly switch between many layout options; sophisticated image recognition and content-aware thumbnail cropping make gallery viewing more pleasant;
- For a more unique and uplifting lock screen experience, we’ve included a variety of line and color designs.
- Recent updates include the ability to use various brushes and strokes, as well as modify colors.
With the addition of these new settings, the user may find their ideal comfort setting.
- Card layouts have been updated to provide greater visual variety, which makes for easier consumption of data.
- New in Shelf: access to OnePlus Scout, which lets you search throughout your whole phone’s contents, including apps, settings, media files, and more.